
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus Royal Hotel, Ordos!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus Royal Hotel, Ordos! - A Review (With the Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Over-the-Top)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I've just emerged from the gilded cage (aka Venus Royal Hotel, Ordos!) and I'm bursting to tell you all about it. Forget the glossy brochures, because you’re getting the raw, unfiltered truth. This isn’t just a hotel review; it's a whole experience. And trust me, it's one you'll either love or find… well, interesting.
First Impressions (and a Little Bit of Panic):
Landing in Ordos, Inner Mongolia? Let's be honest, it's not exactly the Maldives. But the Venus Royal Hotel, right off the bat, oozes… ambition. It's sleek, modern, and about as far from a dusty yurt as you can get. The lobby? Seriously, it's like walking into a sci-fi movie set. Massive, gleaming, and the staff… well, let's just say they're very polished. The initial feeling? A touch intimidated.
Accessibility: (Important Stuff!)
Now, I'm not personally using a wheelchair, but I paid close attention. Accessibility seems to be a solid priority. The hotel boasts an elevator (thank goodness!), and I spotted facilities for disabled guests, though specifics on the room setup are a little hazy. I’m hopeful for some good reviews in the future. The exterior corridor situation might provide a different experience.
Rooms: Gilded Cages and Pillow Forts (Almost)
My room? It was… epic. Let's start with the basics: Air conditioning? Check. Free Wi-Fi? Double-check (and thank goodness, the Internet access – wireless was actually decent!). They've got the usual suspects: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone (seriously!), Bathtub, Blackout curtains (essential!), Carpeting, Closet (big enough to hide in), Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea (always a win), Desk, Extra long bed (hallelujah!), Free bottled water (hydration is key!), Hair dryer, High floor (the views!), In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking (thankfully!), Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale (eek!), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub (luxury!), Shower, Slippers (yes!), Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service… etc. etc. You get the picture. They've thought of everything.
Internet Access… and the Wild West of Wi-Fi:
Okay, let’s talk about the elephant in the room (or, well, in every room): Internet. The Internet access – LAN was tempting but I ended up enjoying the Wi-Fi [free]. The Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! wasn't always blazing fast… let's just say I experienced moments resembling dial-up. But hey, at least the Internet was there. Consider it part of the “adventure.”
Cleanliness & Safety: The Pandemic's Influence (Mostly Positive):
Listen, I'm a bit of a germaphobe, especially after this global situation. This hotel, thankfully, seems to take Cleanliness and safety seriously. The Anti-viral cleaning products are a nice touch, and the Daily disinfection in common areas made me breathe a little easier. I also appreciated the Hand sanitizer readily available and the staff's commitment to the protocol. Rooms were diligently Rooms sanitized between stays.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Journey (with a Few Bumps):
The Venus Royal Hotel offers a veritable feast of options. The Restaurants are something to look at! I found multiple options of Asian cuisine in restaurant, and the Western cuisine in restaurant. Both the Asian breakfast and the Western breakfast were available. The A la carte in restaurant was my favorite and the Breakfast [buffet] was extensive, but the quality… well, it varied. The coffee tasted a little bit like dishwater at times. The Coffee/tea in restaurant at least helped. And when I needed a quick snack, the Snack bar was a lifesaver.
The Spa: Bliss or Bust? (It Depends!)
Okay, this is where things get really good. Or at least, potentially really good. Let's be clear: Spa is a major selling point. They go hard in the spa business. The Body scrub and other Body wrap were tempting, but I decided to give the full spa experience a try. This includes a Massage, Sauna, Spa/sauna, and Steamroom. I have never wanted to relax more. Honestly, it was divine. The Pool with view, after the treatment, was a truly magical experience. The spa experience alone almost made me consider moving into this place.
Things to Do (Besides Lounging in a Robe):
Beyond the spa, there’s plenty to keep you occupied. The Fitness center is well-equipped if you're feeling the guilt from all the buffet food. And did I mention the Swimming pool [outdoor]? Gorgeous! I wish I had time for the Poolside bar!
Services and Conveniences: They Think of Everything (Almost):
The hotel offers pretty much every Service and convenience you could dream of: Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman…. you get the picture. And the Laundry service was a lifesaver after a day of sightseeing. My favorite? The Gift/souvenir shop.
For the Kids… and the Kid in You:
While I'm not a parent, I noticed plenty of Kids facilities and even Babysitting service. The whole place seemed pretty Family/child friendly.
Getting Around: Navigating Ordos (and Beyond):
Airport transfer? Yes! They'll whisk you away from the airport. Car park [free of charge]? Yup. Taxi service? Easy.
The Quirks, the Quirks! (Because Nothing's Perfect):
Right, here's the truth. This place ain't flawless. A couple of times, I got the feeling that the staff was a little too eager to please, which comes off as slightly… robotic? And finding your way around the hotel can be a bit of a maze. The lobby, while stunning, feels a little too… empty sometimes. I miss the hustle-bustle a bit.
Final Verdict: Would I Go Back?
Absolutely. Venus Royal Hotel, Ordos! is a luxurious, slightly bonkers hotel with so much to offer. It's a great place to relax, maybe do some serious business meetings, or just hide away from the world. It’s an experience. It’s Unbelievable.
SEO-Optimized Offer: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Book Your Escape to Venus Royal Hotel, Ordos!
Tired of the Ordinary? Crave Unforgettable Experiences?
Then get ready to be amazed! Venus Royal Hotel, Ordos! beckons, offering a luxury escape like no other. Nestled in the heart of this fascinating region, our hotel gives you the best experience, from a memorable Arrival. Indulge in our world-class spa, featuring rejuvenating Body scrub, Body wrap, and blissful Massage. Cool off in our stunning Swimming pool [outdoor] with a breathtaking Pool with view.
Why Choose Venus Royal Hotel?
- Unparalleled Comfort: Spacious, elegantly appointed rooms with Air conditioning, Free Wi-Fi and all the amenities you could desire. Enjoy luxurious Bathrobes and unwind with Satellite/cable channels and On-demand movies.
- Culinary Delights: Savor a diverse array of dining options, from delectable Asian cuisine in restaurant to mouth-watering Western cuisine in restaurant. Start your day with a hearty Breakfast [buffet].
- Unbeatable Relaxation: Rejuvenate your senses in our state-of-the-art spa, complete with Sauna, Steamroom, and expertly trained therapists.
- Safety and Security: Your well-being is our top priority. Enjoy peace of mind with Staff trained in safety protocol, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays.
- Convenience at Your Fingertips: Benefit from premium Services and conveniences, including Concierge services, Daily housekeeping, and hassle-free Laundry service.
- Accessibility Matters: Enjoy peace of mind with Facilities for disabled guests and the comfort

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is ORDOS, Yijinhuoluo Banner, Olympic Ordos, China – Venus Royal Hotel edition. And let me tell you, the planning? Well, let's just say it involved a lot of staring at a map, muttering, and the occasional existential crisis about the meaning of dumplings. Here goes, my beautiful, chaotic mess of a journey:
Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dumpling Crisis
- Morning (Approx. 10:00 AM): Arrive at Ordos Ejin Horo Airport. Okay, first impression? The airport looks modern, but the air…is a bit…thin. Altitude, folks, altitude! My lungs are practically screaming. Finding a taxi is a test of patience and my (very) limited Mandarin. Eventually, after gesturing wildly and repeating "Venus Royal Hotel?" about a hundred times, I manage to get a ride.
- Afternoon (Approx. 11:30 AM): Check into the Venus Royal Hotel. Ooh, la-di-da! Gold fixtures, marble everywhere, views…apparently. I'm too busy flailing about my luggage to actually look at the views. The room? Clean enough. The air conditioning? Mercifully working. Already sweating from lugging that bag, I decide time for a shower, and a nap.
- Afternoon (Approx. 1:30 PM): Lunch. This is where the existential dumpling crisis began. Wandering around, overwhelmed by the sheer number of noodle shops and knowing exactly ZERO Mandarin. Eventually, I fall into a tiny place, armed with fingers pointing & Google Translate. The dumplings? Uh. Let's just say they were…an experience. Some were divine, some tasted like the inside of a mystery box. The emotional reaction? Gratitude when it comes to the good dumplings. Some confusion and a lot of water when the bad ones take hold and I just can't figure out their flavor profiles.
- Evening (Approx. 5:30 PM): Attempt to explore the area. Get totally lost. The architecture is a whirlwind of modern and…well, other things. I swear, I think I saw a building shaped like a giant… something. Forget what, the disorientation has got me. Retreat back to the hotel, defeated but hungry.
- Evening (Approx. 7:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Overpriced? Probably. Convenient? Absolutely. Order something that looks vaguely familiar. It's edible. Not amazing, not disastrous. More importantly, it's a solid base for…more dumplings tomorrow? Maybe.
Day 2: The Gobi Desert & My Personal Crisis of Sand
- Morning (Approx. 9:00 AM): Finally, decide to be adventurous. Arrange a tour to the Gobi Desert. This is where I think I'll find myself, or something. The scenery? Majestic. The scale? Mind-boggling. The sand? It. Is. Everywhere. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be finding grains of sand for weeks after this.
- Morning (Approx. 10:30 AM): Camel ride! Okay, this is actually pretty cool. Until I get jostled around like a ragdoll. I'm pretty sure my spine is now slightly rearranged. But hey, scenic views. Trying to keep a straight face.
- Afternoon (Approx. 1:00 PM): Lunch in the desert. Pretty sure they're serving sand, but whatever it is, it's surprisingly delicious. Sitting there, surrounded by sand dunes and the vast emptiness, I actually feel…peaceful. For about five minutes. Then the wind howls and I'm covered in sand again.
- Afternoon (Approx. 3:00 PM): Stargazing. The guide pointed out constellations; I stared at the sky, overwhelmed by the sheer immensity of it all. I can't even see the same night sky at home due to the light pollution.
- Evening (Approx. 7:00 PM): Back at the hotel. Exhausted. Scratched. Sandy. Completely and utterly in love with the Gobi Desert. Write in my journal – a rambling mess of sand, awe, and a desperate plea to avoid any more camels.
Day 3: The Mausoleum & Emotional Scramble
- Morning (Approx. 9:00 AM): Visit the Mausoleum of Genghis Khan. Deep breath. This place is…intense. History, tradition, and a palpable sense of respect. Wander through the halls, trying to absorb the atmosphere. Feeling very out of my depth.
- Morning (Approx. 10:30 AM): More history. More grandeur. More trying not to accidentally offend anyone. The emotional reaction? A strange mix of awe, unease, and a deep longing to understand. Maybe with the aid of a good book.
- Afternoon (Approx. 1:00 PM): Lunch, back in Ordos (thank god). Trying to find something that doesn't involve dumplings. Success! Kind of. The food is…interesting. The emotional reaction? Relief, at least.
- Afternoon (Approx. 3:00 PM): Wandering around, feeling increasingly lost and alone. The language barrier is a beast. The culture feels so different, so distant. A quiet moment of crisis.
- Evening (Approx. 7:00 PM): Dinner at a local restaurant. Someone manages to explain some dishes to me. Another experience. This time: surprise, joy, and a renewed appreciation for the good people of the world.
Day 4: Reflection & Departure
- Morning (Approx. 9:00 AM): Pack. Okay, the suitcase is a mess: souvenirs galore, and sand. So…much…sand. Reflect on the trip. Decide it was all worth it.
- Morning (Approx. 10:00 AM): Final walk around the hotel. Admire the gold fixtures one last time. Try to memorize the views.
- Afternoon (Approx. 12:00 PM): Lunch in the hotel. One last dumpling (couldn't resist).
- Afternoon (Approx. 1:00 PM): Departure! The taxi to the airport feels much less daunting than before. Board the plane, reflecting on the journey.
- Evening (Approx. 6:00 PM): On the plane. Tired, sandy, and a little bit heartbroken to leave. But also somehow… changed. I have to come back.
Important Notes:
- The timing? Rough estimate. Life happens. Getting lost happens.
- Mandarin skills? Non-existent. Armed with Google Translate and a smile.
- Food? An adventure. Embrace the unknown.
- Emotional reaction? Guaranteed. Be prepared to feel everything. This is a journey, not a vacation.
- This is just my experience. Yours will be different. And that's the beauty of it.
- Bring tissues. For sand. For tears. For sheer, unadulterated joy.

Is the Venus Royal Hotel REALLY as luxurious as the brochure says?
What are the rooms actually like?
Is the service good?
What about the food?
What are the hotel's amenities like?
Is there anything *bad* about the Venus Royal?
Is it worth it?

