
**New Delhi's Hidden Gem: OYO 83783 Hotel DS Palace - Unbeatable Rates!**
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the whirlwind that is OYO 83783 Hotel DS Palace – Unbeatable Rates! in New Delhi. Forget polished brochures and perfect prose – this is MY experience, unfiltered, warts and all. And trust me, in India, especially when you're talking hotels, warts and all is sometimes the most interesting part.
First Impressions (and the Great Indian Traffic Jam)
Getting to the DS Palace was an adventure in itself. Delhi traffic? Let's just say it's a character-building experience. My taxi driver, a man of perpetual good humor despite the chaos, kept yelling, “Horn ok please!” which, in retrospect, was entirely accurate. Finding the hotel itself wasn't exactly a breeze (a slightly vague landmark description, anyone?), but hey, that's part of the adventure, right? Once I arrived, though…
Accessibility and General Mumbo Jumbo
Okay, let's get the dry stuff out of the way:
- Accessibility: Did I see explicitly wheelchair-accessible stuff? No. Elevators? Yes. But the true test, I didn't get a chance to make.
- Internet: Wi-Fi? They promised it in the rooms. They (mostly) delivered, but sometimes it took a few tries. LAN access? I didn't even bring a cable anymore!
- Safety and whatnot - They seemed to be taking the safety protocol part seriously. I saw people in masks, and stuff. That's a good start, I guess?
- Getting Around - Good, parking is free. Though, I'm not sure what to make of the Car power charging station.
(RAMBLE TIME: IT'S THE SMALL THINGS)
You know what I really like? Those little touches. Like, a place where you can get a cup of coffee around the clock is good. And the rooms! Air conditioning? Praise be! I'm a sweaty person, and the Delhi heat is brutal. An iron and ironing board? Surprisingly useful. And the complimentary tea and bottled water in the room? GENIUS. It’s the little things, people, the little things.
The Room (A Sanctuary…Mostly)
My room? Okay, it was… a room. Spacious enough, cleanish (more on that later), and thankfully, blessedly, air-conditioned. Blackout curtains? A lifesaver for beating the Delhi sun. The bed was… comfortable enough. Like, not luxury comfortable, but good enough to collapse on after battling the city. They even gave me a robe and slippers! Slippers! Such an appreciated touch. I'll give it 4/5 stars for room, minus one star for "cleanish" part.
(Quick Note: I appreciated the room service. 24-hours is an all star move!)
Cleanliness and Safety (The Slightly Less Rosy Bits)
Alright, let's get real. While the staff appeared to be following safety protocols, and there were multiple signs proclaiming the hotel was "sanitized," I'm not going to pretend everything was pristine. The corners? Not exactly sparkling. Dust bunnies? I think those were a resident species, but the hotel seems to take it seriously.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (It's Complicated)
The hotel does have a restaurant. It offers multiple cuisines. I ordered a dinner the first night, and it came with a tiny, tiny salad. They offered a Western breakfast. I'm not sure if they called it "Western" because that's what it was, or because it was the only cuisine they could make that was not, say, a curry, etc. And the coffee shop? I had one cup, and it was…coffee.
(BIG NOTE: Don't, I repeat, DON'T expect Michelin star quality. This is budget-friendly, remember?).
Services and Conveniences
- Facilities for disabled guests: This I am unaware of.
- Business facilities: Projector/LED display, yeah, ok, but not a huge focus
- Cash withdrawal: good
- Concierge: The staff were helpful, but not your typical concierge.
- Laundry service: Yep, available! (Hallelujah)
- Luggage storage: Check.
- Meeting/banquet facilities: Seemed legit, but again, didn't use.
- Air conditioning in public area: Crucially important.
- Food delivery: I'm sure it's possible.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax…Ish)
- Fitness Center: Nope. Not here. Good for me, bad for my waistline.
- Swimming pool: Nope. (See above).
- Spa: I didn't use it. I'm not sure they even had one.
A Final Word (and a Quirky Anecdote)
So, would I stay at the OYO 83783 Hotel DS Palace again? Maybe. If I were on a VERY tight budget and REALLY needed to be in that area, sure. It's not perfect, but it offers a decent bang for your buck.
Overall Vibe?
It’s a functional hotel, safe enough, with some nice touches. The staff tried, bless their hearts. Just don’t go expecting the Ritz. Go expecting a gritty, real, and slightly imperfect experience.
Final Score: 3 out of 5 stars.
THE OFFER (For you, the potential guest!)
Tired of Delhi Hotels That Empty Your Wallet?
Escape to the Heart of New Delhi with OYO 83783 Hotel DS Palace!
Forget those overpriced hotels! At OYO 83783 Hotel DS Palace, you'll find unbeatable rates without sacrificing comfort.
Here’s what you get:
- Clean and Comfortable Rooms: (Mostly)
- 24/7 Room Service
- Free Wi-Fi: (Mostly Reliable)
- Strategic location:
- And of course: Unbeatable Rates!
Book now on [Link to hotel booking site] and get…
- Special Discount on your first stay
- Complimentary breakfast
Don't wait! Delhi's hidden gem is waiting for you!
Wuxi Getaway: Jinjiang Inn Near Sanyang Plaza Metro – Book Now!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups. This is NOT your sanitized, bullet-pointed travel itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered, probably-over-caffeinated experience of attempting to navigate Delhi and NCR, all while stationed at the… ahem… OYO 83783 Hotel DS Palace. Let's just say, expectations need to be tempered with a healthy dose of “it could be worse.”
Day 1: Arrival, Delhi Belly (Maybe), and the Quest for Wi-Fi
06:00 AM (or thereabouts, because who sleeps well on a ridiculously long flight?): Landed in Indira Gandhi International Airport. Smog greeted me like a warm, choking hug. Instantly regretted wearing that damn linen shirt. Immigration was a blur of weary faces and passport stamps. Found myself chanting "Namaste" under my breath, mostly because I couldn't remember any actual Hindi.
07:30 AM: The driver (arranged by the hotel, pray for me) arrived. He looked vaguely like a Bollywood extra, which, hey, it's Delhi! The ride to the DS Palace was, shall we say, an education in traffic management. Honking, weaving, and a near-miss with a cow – all before 8 AM. This is going to be interesting.
08:30 AM: Arrived at the… “palace.” Okay, let's be real, it’s a hotel. The DS palace. My room looks… promising enough. Surprisingly clean sheets. The AC works! Victory! First priority? Find the Wi-Fi password. This is crucial for my Insta-worthy travel updates, duh.
09:00 AM - 10:00 AM: The Wi-Fi is about as reliable as a politician's promise. Spent an hour wrestling with the router, feeling the frustration simmer. Finally, got a twitchy little connection. Managed to upload a grainy photo to show everyone I'm still alive.
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Breakfast, that was a trial. I was told that food will make their stomach sick. One small bite and I have to run from the hotel to find a toilet. Oh the Delhi belly, it's coming. Had to run to the nearest pharmacy for some medicine, and then back to the hotel to relax.
12:00 PM: A nap, cause the Delhi belly is real.
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Okay, so I need food. There are food places near but I need to rest. Found a near by restaurant. What an adventure.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Rest and sleep.
6:00 PM - Late: Attempted (and rapidly failed) to visit the Lotus Temple. Uber driver got utterly lost - Google Maps was my enemy. Finally abandoned the mission for the day, hungry, grumpy, and questioning all life choices. Ordered room service. It was… something.
Day 2: Monuments, Mayhem, and Mango Lassi Dreams
08:00 AM: Managed to drag myself out of bed. Today is monument day! (Maybe). Refueled with copious amounts of strong, sweet chai. The bathroom water pressure is… optimistic.
09:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Old Delhi! Took a Tuk-Tuk through Chandni Chowk. It was a sensory overload of the best and worst kind. The smells (spices, sewage – a delightful cocktail), the noise (honking, shouting, the clatter of a million things), and the sheer mass of humanity. Got utterly lost more often than I was going the right way, but that's part of the charm, right? Tried some street food. Ate the chaat. My stomach is doing okay, so far.
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: The Red Fort. The size of this place is incredible. The craftsmanship is mind-blowing. I wandered around for far too long, getting lost in the history.
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Ate lunch, even better.
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Qutub Minar. Beautiful, but the crowds were brutal. Barely escaped being trampled by a gaggle of selfie-stick wielding influencers. Got some amazing photos though.
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Mango Lassi time! Found a hole-in-the-wall place recommended by a local. It was heaven. Thick, creamy, and I might have had more than one… Don't judge me.
5:00 PM - Late: Back to the hotel. The Tuk-Tuk driver tried to charge me triple the price, but I haggled like a pro (thanks, YouTube tutorials!). Exhausted. Found a decent Indian restaurant near the hotel. The food was far better than expected, and the beer was cold. The wi-fi STILL sucked.
Day 3: Agra… and the inevitable collapse
- 05:00 AM: Woke up early.
- 06:00 AM: Leaving Delhi.
- 07:00 AM: Train travel.
- 09:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Reached Agra.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch, great food, but now I can feel the fever setting in.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: After the Taj Mahal, I now understand what all the fuss is about. It's overwhelmingly beautiful, and I swear I almost cried.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: The rest of the day was a blur of fever-induced haze and a race against the clock to get back to the hotel in Delhi.
- 6:00 PM - Late: Collapsed into bed. The Delhi belly has returned and I suspect the fever is higher.
Day 4: Departure and Reflections (From a Fever Dream)
**… Let's be honest, I was a miserable, feverish mess. Nothing of note happened except for the blurry images of doctors and medication. Then, the airport, a tearful goodbye to this crazy city, and on to the airplane.
Post-Trip Realizations:
- Pack anti-diarrheal medication. Seriously.
- Learn a few basic Hindi phrases. "Where is the bathroom?" would be a good one.
- Don't be afraid to get completely lost. It's how you find the best experiences.
- The DS Palace… well, it was a place to rest my weary head. No complaints.
- Delhi is a riot. A chaotic, beautiful, frustrating, and utterly unforgettable riot. Would I go back? Hell yes. But next time, I'm bringing a hazmat suit and a sense of humor firmly strapped on.
Disclaimer: This itinerary is a highly embellished account of one traveler's experience. Your mileage may vary. You've been warned.
Escape to Paradise: Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa Awaits
OYO 83783 Hotel DS Palace: The Unfiltered Truth (Because Let's Be Real)
So, is "Unbeatable Rates" just marketing fluff? How cheap *actually* is this place?
Alright, let's cut the crap. "Unbeatable Rates?" Yeah, they're *pretty* cheap. Like, "I can still afford biryani tonight" cheap. I'm talking, you'll be genuinely surprised. I actually found myself checking my bank balance several times just to make sure it went through. My expectations were, shall we say, *low*, coming in. Picture this: I needed a crash pad after a late night at a wedding, and my budget was tighter than a nun's habit. DS Palace popped up, and I thought, "Well, I can afford a room, and if it's a disaster, at least I'm not losing much." Turns out, the "disaster" part was probably the state of my own sleep-deprived self.
What's the *actual* location like? Is it safe? Is it near anything interesting?
Okay, location. It *is* New Delhi, so, you know, keep your wits about you. Don't expect a five-star hotel zone. It's a bit… authentic. I'd describe it as "vibrantly local." Is it *safe*? I didn't feel overtly unsafe, but I'm also not the type who wanders around flashing a wad of cash at 3 AM. Did I see roaming packs of wolves? No. Did I feel like I needed to be extra careful? Yes. Do your research on the specific area, but in general, it's a functional part of town, not a tourist trap, and I think that adds to the charm. I loved just wandering and watching the everyday drama unfold. It's that feeling you get when you know you are seeing real life. But the charm might fade at 3am if you are alone, which is fair, the same goes for any city in India.
As for interesting things nearby: Okay, maybe not a *ton* of prime tourist spots. But there are local markets, street food (my stomach and I had a love-hate relationship), and you can easily grab an auto-rickshaw or taxi to get where you're going. Consider this: the "interesting" spots are *in* Delhi, no matter what hotel you stay in, and DS Palace gets you access for cheap. Pro tip: download Ola or Uber to avoid any haggling drama with the drivers. And if the auto drivers start getting aggressive for a ride, just walk away and they will calm down and offer you a cheaper rate. (My personal experience)
What about the *room* itself? Any horror stories? (Be honest!)
Okay, let's be blunt. It's not a Four Seasons. My room? It was… functional. Clean-ish. The AC worked, which in Delhi is a **godsend**. Water pressure in the shower felt like a kitten's sneeze, but it did (eventually) get me clean. I will say, the sheets *looked* clean, and that's important to me. There were signs of wear and tear, of course. Some minor cosmetic issues. The occasional loose tile. A faint painting someone tried and failed to get rid of. It's a budget place! Expect it. Expect the occasional questionable stain. (I'm not saying there were, I'm just saying, look closely…)
The MOST important thing, for me, was the bed. It was surprisingly comfortable and I slept like a log. I was so knackered after the wedding, I could have slept on a bed of nails, so that was a win. On the other hand, I once stumbled into a room where the light switch almost fell off the wall when I touched it. Then, the television was a relic from the previous century, looking more like a square box than a screen - I didn’t try it.
The staff - are they helpful? Do they speak English?
The staff were friendly! They were polite. English proficiency varied, but they made an effort. They were efficient. Like, I needed a taxi in a rush for a flight? They sorted it out. Did they have perfect English? No. But communication wasn’t a problem. It's not like staying at the Ritz, where they anticipate your every whim. This is more like a friendly, no-nonsense service. The people were just, well, *nice*. And their smiles were genuine. It was the kind of place where you felt like an actual person, not just a room number.
Breakfast? Included, or do you need to fend for yourself?
Breakfast? Well, this is where things get *interesting*. Double-check the booking details! Sometimes it’s included, sometimes it isn't. If it *is* included, it's a basic, no-frills affair. Think: toast, maybe a couple of eggs that look like they've seen some action, and possibly, if you're lucky, some incredibly sweet chai. Don't go expecting a buffet. More like a *continental-ish* experience. Personally, I preferred hitting up a local street vendor for paratha. My advice? Don't have high breakfast expectations. Or bring your own instant noodles. Seriously. You'll thank me later.
Would you stay there again? Be honest! (Seriously.)
Okay, the million-dollar question! Would I stay at OYO 83783 Hotel DS Palace again? Absolutely. If I'm on a tight budget, need a clean(ish) bed, a safe-ish place to sleep, and somewhere that's a decent base for exploring Delhi, then *yes*. I'm not looking for luxury. I'm looking for value and a place that does what it says on the tin – a reasonable room, a friendly welcome, and the ability to go out and spend my money on something I really care about, like a seriously spicy curry. Would I recommend it to everyone? No. If you are fussy and need a hotel with all the bells and whistles, you are not going to make it here. But for the budget traveler, or someone just passing through in the city, or if you are looking for an experience, this is the place.
Plus, let's be real, sometimes the most memorable travel experiences come from the unexpected. And DS Palace definitely delivers on the "unexpected" front in its own, quirky way.
And what if things go badly? What recourse do you have?
Okay, let's face facts. This is not a five-star resort with endless recourse. If the AC breaks? You'll go and talk to the front desk. If there is a major complaint? You'll talk to the front desk. Look, its not perfect. You go in knowing what you are going to get. But, if the problems areHotel Explorers

