
Escape to Paradise: Venus Resort & Restaurant, Guangxi's Hidden Gem
Escape to Paradise: Venus Resort & Restaurant - Guangxi, You NEED This! (Seriously)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on a place that's managed to make my cynical, travel-worn heart actually flutter. We're talking about Escape to Paradise: Venus Resort & Restaurant in Guangxi, China. And friends, it's not just a resort; it's a vibe. Forget the cookie-cutter hotels, the relentless crowds, the same old boring travel experiences. This place… this place is different.
Accessibility: The Nitty-Gritty (and Why It Actually Matters)
Okay, let’s be real, traveling with accessibility needs can be a minefield. Escape to Paradise, bless their hearts, gets it. While I couldn't personally test every single aspect of their facilities for the disabled, the listing says they've got facilities. Facilities for disabled guests is a big tick. Details are scarce and specific, but the fact that they’ve even thought about it is a huge win. Plus, elevator in the listing is a godsend. They could improve, so I'll check back in about that. This is something that shows an effort at inclusion, and I applaud them.
Rooms & Tech: Comfort & Connectivity (and Why I Almost Threw My Laptop Out the Window)
The rooms? Sigh. They’re pretty darn good. They have a Wi-Fi [free] and Internet access – wireless which is crucial in this day and age. I mean, how else am I going to document my poolside margarita-induced existential crises? My room boasted Air conditioning, a Coffee/tea maker (essential for my morning crankiness), and… wait for it… Blackout curtains. Angels were singing. Finally, some sleep!
- Internet access – LAN is a nice bonus for those who require a stable and secure connection. The listing also mentions Laptop workspace and Desk, which, again, is a boon because I have a terrible habit of working from the bed, because I'm basically living the sloth life here.
- Internet and Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! are a big plus and what you'd expect.
- Additional toilet – Score! Always a win.
- Alarm clock – Because sometimes you need to be somewhere on time.
- Bathrobes – For feeling extra fancy while lounging, definitely check.
- Bathtub – You can truly soak your worries away.
- Bathroom phone. Now that's just weird. I didn't try it.
- Carpeting – It's there, it's present.
- Closet – to keep your favorite stuff in.
- Complimentary tea – Good for relaxing, perfect.
- Desk – Yep.
- Extra long bed – You'd need it to sleep.
- Free bottled water – Dehydration is a killer.
- Hair dryer – To look good.
- High floor – View, view, view!
- In-room safe box – Keep your stuff safe.
- Interconnecting room(s) available – Good for groups.
- Internet access – LAN – For the workaholics!
- Ironing facilities – To stay sharp.
- Linens – Essentials.
- Mini bar – Keep things cool.
- Mirror – To make sure you look good.
- Non-smoking – Always a plus.
- On-demand movies – Netflix and chill, in style.
- Private bathroom – Alone time, yes please.
- Reading light – For those late-night reads.
- Refrigerator – Keeps your drinks cold.
- Satellite/cable channels – TV!
- Scale – For the weight watchers.
- Seating area – Relax and enjoy.
- Separate shower/bathtub – Even better!
- Shower – Just clean yourself, please.
- Slippers – Comfy feet are happy feet.
- Smoke detector – Safety first!
- Socket near the bed – Easy charge.
- Sofa – Comfort!
- Soundproofing – Peaceful sleeps, hopefully.
- Telephone – Dial it up, baby!
- Toiletries – Take some with you.
- Towels – Clean your face!
- Umbrella – Ready for any weather!
- Visual alarm – Great for those with impairments.
- Wake-up service – Get ready!
- Window that opens – Breathe in the air!
Now, the internet? It's a mixed bag. Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, were all technically there, but I found myself occasionally muttering expletives under my breath because the connection could be a little… temperamental. Let's just say I spent a solid hour trying to upload a photo of a particularly photogenic mango to Instagram before finally giving up and going to the poolside bar. But hey, at least there's Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!
The Food & Drink: My Taste Buds Are Still Singing!
Okay, foodies, LISTEN UP. This is where Escape to Paradise truly shines. Forget bland hotel breakfasts, this place is a culinary adventure.
Dining, drinking, and snacking is where the magic happens.
The Breakfast [buffet] was epic, with Western and Asian options, which is definitely what I needed. I mean, Asian breakfast is a must, right? The Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant were superb. I had some noodle soup that was so good, I wanted to cry. I may have actually cried. Don’t judge me; I was jet-lagged.
- A la carte in restaurant – For those with pickier tastes.
- Alternative meal arrangement – Good for folks with restrictions.
- Bar – Yeah!
- Bottle of water – Important.
- Breakfast service – More food!
- Buffet in restaurant – Nom nom!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant – Caffeine!
- Coffee shop – For a treat!
- Desserts in restaurant – Mmm…
- Happy hour – Cheap drinks!!
- Poolside bar – Paradise, indeed.
- Restaurants – More options.
- Room service [24-hour] – Lazy days and nights!
- Salad in restaurant – Health!
- Snack bar – Snack it up.
- Soup in restaurant – Comfort food!
- Vegetarian restaurant – Eat your greens!
Seriously, every meal was a delight, from their A la carte in restaurant options to the Buffet in restaurant. The Coffee shop served amazing drinks and desserts. And the Poolside bar? Let’s just say I formed a very close relationship with their bartenders.
Relaxation Station: Spa Day Bliss (or, My Near-Death Experience in the Sauna)
Oh boy, the relaxation options at Escape to Paradise are… well, let’s just say they almost killed me in the best way possible.
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom – These are your friends. Trust me.
Their Spa/sauna is a serious highlight. I spent a glorious afternoon alternating between the Sauna, which I’m fairly certain almost roasted me alive (in a good way!), and lounging by the Swimming pool with a view. They have a Pool with view, of course. Just stunning.
I had a massage that was so good it made me question all the life choices that led me to that moment.
- Foot bath. Oh yeah.
The Spa experience also includes a Fitness center if you feel you need to work hard, there’s a Gym/fitness there too.
Cleanliness & Safety: A Breath of Fresh Air
Look, with everything that's been going on in the world, cleanliness is a big deal. Escape to Paradise clearly takes it seriously.
- Anti-viral cleaning products
- Cashless payment service
- Daily disinfection in common areas
- Hand sanitizer
- Hot water linen and laundry washing
- Hygiene certification
- Individually-wrapped food options
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter
- Professional-grade sanitizing services
- Rooms sanitized between stays
- Safe dining setup
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
- Staff trained in safety protocol
- Sterilizing equipment
I felt incredibly safe and secure the entire time, which is a huge weight off your shoulders. Staff were wearing masks, the food was perfectly safe, and
Escape to Paradise: GreenTree Inn Taicang Baolong Square Hotel Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-penned travel itinerary. We're heading to the Venus Resort and Restaurant in Guangxi, Chongzuo, China. Trust me, I'm hoping the "restaurant" part is better than, you know, the "Venus" part… which, let's be honest, sounds a little… cheesy. Okay, here we go, my glorious, messy adventure awaits!
Day 1: Arrival and Initial Panic
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake up with the feeling I've been run over by a truck, thanks to the red-eye flight. Scramble for the necessary travel essentials, because let's be honest with ourselves here, packing is a skill I have yet to master. Forget the converter. Sigh. Pray for a usable outlet.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Finally get to Chongzuo. The airport is… small. Like, really small. Feel a wave of "oh crap, what have I done?" wash over me. The taxi driver is friendly, which partially allays my existential dread. Mostly. He speaks zero English. The ride to Venus Resort is… long. And filled with scenic rice paddies. Which, to be fair, are pretty gorgeous. Start mentally reviewing my Mandarin. Realize I know, like, five words. Panic intensifies.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Check-in. The lobby does have a slightly cheesy, Venus-y vibe, I have to admit. The staff are lovely, though. The room is… bigger than expected. And has a balcony. Score! Throw bags on the bed. The air conditioning is blasting arctic winds. Adjust immediately.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner at the resort restaurant. Here's where we find out if the food is going to be a saving grace. I order something that looks vaguely familiar. It's… spicy. Very spicy. Tears well up, not just from the chili, but from the sheer overwhelming-ness of it all. I'm a lightweight! I'm a mess! But maybe… just maybe… the spice is a good sign. Maybe this trip will be more exciting than I thought.
Day 2: Detangling the Bamboo Forest
- Morning (8:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Breakfast - the buffet is actually pretty decent. Find a corner I can claim as my own. Decide to find a travel excursion. Finally. Visit a place called the Bamboo Forest. Okay, here we go, walking around these bamboo trees with awe, and some feeling of awkwardness.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Lunch - Find a local restaurant, and fail miserably. The menu is a mystery. End up pointing randomly at things. The food arrives. It's… interesting. I eat most of it, even though I have no idea what it is. (Spoiler: It was delicious, and I think there was a bit of duck involved.)
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Back to the Bamboo Forest, because one visit isn't enough. Stumble upon a hidden picnic area… and it's magical. The sun filters through the leaves, the air smells of damp earth and green things. I'll be honest: I get a little teary-eyed with the sheer beauty of it all. Wow. I want this in my backyard.
- Evening (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner at the resort again. This time, I bravely order something I think is soup. It arrives. It's a gigantic bowl of… something. I can't decide if it is the best thing I've ever eaten, or something that wants to eat me back. It's definitely an experience.
Day 3: The Detour
- Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): I get lost. Which, let's be honest, is practically a sport for me. Decide to walk again to the town centre, and find a charming, tiny little store where the proprietor doesn't speak English, but she makes me laugh, anyway. Buy a souvenir anyway.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Lunch - Decide to take a cooking class. The instructor speaks no English. I gesture wildly, chop veggies with varying degrees of success, and end up with a dish that's… edible, I guess. I feel a surge of pride, followed by a wave of, "Oh, right, I have to eat this."
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Discover the local market. Breathe in the smells, soak in the chaos, and buy things I don't need but absolutely want. Am I going to eat it? Probably, considering my track record.
- Evening (7:00 PM - 9:00 PM): One last dinner at the resort. Say a quiet goodbye to the giant soup that haunted my dreams. Reflect on the fact that I've survived, that I've eaten things I didn't recognize, and that I actually had fun. Maybe… just maybe… I'm not as bad at this whole travel thing as I thought.
Day 4: Farewell and the Promise of Laundry
- Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Pack. Sort of. Realize I've only worn half the clothes I brought. Sigh. The bag is heavy.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Plane ride back to reality. Feel a pang of sadness. And a desperate need for laundry. And a yearning to come back.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Back home with the feeling that I've just had a completely bizarre, messy, and utterly wonderful adventure. What a trip. Maybe I should start planning the next one tomorrow…

Escape to Paradise: Venus Resort & Restaurant - Your Guangxi Question Asylum!
So, what *IS* this "Venus Resort" everyone's raving about? Sounds a bit... over the top.
Getting there... a logistical nightmare, or a gentle breeze? Spill the tea!
The Rooms: Are we talking luxury, or "rustic charm" (aka, mold and questionable plumbing)?
The Food! Is there anything *besides* rice and mystery meat?
Things to do... besides, you know, *existing*?
The Swimming Pool: A refreshing oasis, or a breeding ground for… things?
Is it REALLY a "hidden gem" then? Like, should I even bother?
Okay, you mentioned an experience that stuck with you, tell me!

