
Goa's Royale Assagao: Paradise Found? (Unbelievable Pics Inside!)
Goa's Royale Assagao: Paradise Found? (Unbelievable Pics Inside!) - A Messy, Honest Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups. I just got back from Goa's Royale Assagao, and I'm still sorting through the sand, the sun, and the sheer amount of deliciousness I inhaled. Forget your perfectly curated travel blogs; this is the real deal, warts and all. And trust me, with a place like Assagao, the warts are usually tiny and easily overlooked with a fresh cocktail.
First things first, the SEO stuff (ugh, gotta): We're talking about a LUXURIOUS hotel in Assagao, North Goa, India. Keywords, people! Think: Goa hotels, Assagao resorts, luxury Goa stay, Goa spa hotel, North Goa vacation, romantic getaway Goa, family-friendly Goa hotels, best hotels Goa, Royale Assagao review, accessible Goa hotels, Wi-Fi Goa, Goa pool with a view, Goa fitness center, Goa dining.
Accessibility - Let's Get Real:
This is crucial. While I didn't need it myself, I always check. Accessibility isn't just a "nice to have", it's essential. The website (and I'd advise confirming directly) states that there are Facilities for disabled guests, but I didn't see any specifics. Elevators were present, which is a plus. I'd give it a "check before you go" on wheelchair accessibility – call and ask detailed questions about ramps, room access, and accessible bathrooms. It's a beautiful place, and everyone deserves to experience it.
On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Again, crucial for inclusivity. I don't know specifically, so I'd call ahead, confirm their layout, and ask if they can accommodate any special needs.
Internet: Wi-Fi Everywhere (Mostly!)
Okay, let’s be honest, I'm the kind of person who needs Wi-Fi like I need oxygen. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! And it generally worked well. There's also Internet Access - LAN if you’re feeling old-school about your connectivity. Wi-Fi in public areas too. The internet quality, though, fluctuated a bit depending on the time of day and location, but it was generally good enough for streaming, work emails (sigh), and, you know, Instagram bragging rights. (More on that later…)
The Important Stuff: What To DO and How to RELAX (and yes, I did both)
I'm not going to lie, mostly I was there to relax. And Royale Assagao is designed for it.
- Swimming Pool: The Swimming Pool [outdoor] is stunning. Seriously, Instagram-worthy. (Okay, I’ve already mentioned it. I took approximately 700 photos of it. No regrets.) The Pool with a view is… well, I don't think I need to spell it out. This is the thing that made me actually gasp when I saw it.
- Spa & Pampering: Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, Foot bath – they’ve got the works. I went full-throttle with a massage, and let me tell you, that therapist worked magic. Seriously, I thought my shoulders might actually unravel from relaxation. The Massage was so good, I almost fell asleep and snored in bliss. It was one of those kinds of massages where like all your worries just melted away and you are just there, in the moment. Not a thought of what needs to get done at all. And I think I might have actually drooled…
- Fitness Center & Gym/fitness: Okay, I intended to use them. I swear. But that pool… and those cocktails… We'll just say I focused on the "relaxation" aspect. But hey, they're there if you're feeling virtuous.
Cleanliness and Safety: Covid-Era Concerns
This is where Royale Assagao shines. The team takes hygiene seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer (everywhere!), Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol. They're doing everything they can to make you feel safe, and I really appreciated it. I felt secure and clean. I actually relaxed about it (which is a feat in itself).
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Prepare to Gain a Few Pounds (It’s Worth It)
This is where I truly lost my mind. In the best way possible.
- Restaurants: Restaurants are plentiful, offering a variety of cuisines. Seriously, I barely scratched the surface.
- Breakfast Bonanza: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, A la carte in restaurant. Okay, listen. The breakfast buffet was insane. I'm talking mountains of tropical fruit (the mangoes were divine), fresh-baked bread, and everything else you could possibly want and then some. There's even a Breakfast takeaway service if you're feeling lazy. Which, let's be honest, I was.
- Lunchtime!: Restaurants, Coffee/tea in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Bottle of water. This is where I actually went back to my hotel room.
- Evening Cocktails and Treats: The Bar, and Poolside bar, are perfect for sunset cocktails. The Happy hour is… well, happy! Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Snack bar, Room service [24-hour], Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant. I tried everything. EVERYTHING. Did I mention the desserts? Oh. My. Goodness.
- Drinking and Snacking: The Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver. Trust me.
Services and Conveniences: They've Thought of Everything (Almost)
They've thought of pretty much everything.
- Helpful Staff: The Concierge and Front desk [24-hour] were incredibly helpful. They really went the extra mile.
- Practicalities: Need to Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service? They've got you.
- For the Business Traveler: Business facilities, Meetings, Meeting/banquet facilities, Seminars.
- The Little Things: Daily housekeeping, Luggage storage, Safe deposit boxes, Convenience store, Gift/souvenir shop, Elevator.
- Other Amenities: Audio-visual equipment for special events, On-site event hosting, Xerox/fax in business center, Food delivery.
For the Kids (and the Kid in You!)
Although I didn’t bring any young ones, I did see Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, and Babysitting service mentioned.
Getting Around
- Airport transfer made arriving and departing a breeze.
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking, Bicycle parking.
Available in All Rooms (Almost Heaven!)
- Air conditioning (thank goodness), Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Mini bar (Danger! Delicious Danger!), Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
The "Meh" and the Minor Annoyances:
Okay, nothing is perfect. There were a few minor things.
- The occasional Wi-Fi glitch. (As mentioned above. Nothing to ruin a stay, but it made the occasional work email a bit of a struggle.)
- Room service took a little longer sometimes (but the food was always worth the wait).
- I wanted to double down on the spa, but the waitlist took longer than I would have liked.
The "WOW" moments
I'm going to be honest, this place is special. Here are the moments that stuck with me.
- That Pool View: I mentioned it. I'll mention it again. That pool? Jaw-dropping. Seeing it for the first time felt like an actual dream. It was almost too aesthetically pleasing. I’m not kidding.
- The Massages: Still dreaming of it. The best I've ever had. The therapist literally melted the stress right out of my shoulders.
- The Staff: The staff were so, so helpful. Super friendly and genuinely invested in making sure you have a great time.
- The Vibe overall: Relaxation

Royale Assagao: My Goan Fiasco (But In a Good Way, Mostly)
Okay, so Goa. Everyone and their sun-kissed auntie's been, right? And Royale Assagao? Sounds fancy, yeah? Well, let's just say my itinerary's less "meticulously planned masterpiece" and more "whirlwind of questionable decisions sprinkled with sheer, unadulterated joy." Buckle up, buttercups, because this is gonna be a ride.
Day 1: Arrival & A Case of the "OMG-I'M-HERE!"'s
- 10:00 AM: Landed in Dabolim Airport. Let the humidity hug me! Immediately regretted wearing linen pants (they're now clinging to me for dear life). Taxi driver – a cheerful fella with a questionable driving style and a booming laugh. We bond over Mango Lassi (his treat!).
- 11:30 AM: Arrived at the Royale Assagao. Actually… it's gorgeous. The lobby smells of jasmine and impending relaxation. Checked in…smooth as butter. The room? Oh. My. God. Balcony overlooking a lush, green jungle… I may or may not have squealed.
- 12:00 PM: Unpacked. (Or attempted to. Let's be honest, it's more like a controlled explosion of clothing.) Discovered my "emergency" chocolate stash had melted. Tragic. Absolutely tragic.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant. Ordered the fish curry. First bite… tears. Happy tears. Spicy, coconutty, perfect. I devoured it with such gusto, I think I scared the waiter.
- 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM: Pool time! Bliss. Floating around, pretending to be a glamorous movie star. The sun, the water, the faint sound of Bollywood music drifting from somewhere… pure, unadulterated paradise. Almost tripped getting out of the pool (grace is apparently not my forte).
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Wandered around the resort. Found a hidden garden with a tiny, adorable fountain. Got hopelessly lost. Asked a gardener for directions, who then proceeded to regale me with stories about his prize-winning mango trees. Charming, yes. Efficient, no. Still wandering.
- 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant… again. Okay, I have a problem. Fish curry round two. (Judge me not!)
- 8:00 PM - Bedtime: Journaling. Realized I forgot to pack my mosquito repellent. Praying to the bug gods for mercy. Thinking about the fish curry. Seriously, that curry…
Day 2: Beach Day & Questionable Life Choices
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Tried a variety of dosas, idli and other, and it was all delicious. (My stomach is already expanding to accommodate the sheer volume of food I'm consuming.)
- 10:00 AM: Hired a scooter (gulp!). Navigating Goan traffic is like playing a real-life version of Mario Kart, but with cows, stray dogs, and scooters carrying entire families. Somehow, I survived.
- 11:00 AM: Reached Anjuna Beach. Beautiful, but… a bit crowded. Found a semi-secluded spot and sprawled out. Took a dip in the Arabian Sea (chilly!).
- 12:00 PM: Beach shacks! Ordered a plate of calamari and a Kingfisher beer. The calamari was… rubbery. The beer, though, was glorious. Sat there, watching the waves, feeling the sun on my skin… and seriously considering moving to Goa permanently.
- 1:00 PM: Found a random massage place on the beach. Said "yes" without thinking. The massage? Let's just say it was… intense. My masseuse (a tiny, fierce woman) apparently thought my body was a lump of clay that needed serious kneading. Walked out feeling like I’d been put through a car wash. In a good way? Maybe.
- 2:30 PM: Attempted to shop at the Anjuna Flea Market. Overwhelmed by the sheer chaos. Bargained for a scarf, but probably got ripped off. Who cares? It's colorful.
- 4:00 PM: Scooter ride back to the hotel. Battled traffic, dodged cows, and nearly ended up in a ditch. Alive! (Miraculously.)
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Pool again. And a much-needed cocktail.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner. This time, trying the vindaloo. It's so spicy my mouth is on fire. But I love it. Maybe. I'm not sure. I can't feel my tongue.
- 8:30 PM: Regretting the vindaloo. And the scooter. And perhaps my entire life. But also, not really. Because Goa.
Day 3: Exploring & Embracing the Mess
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. This time, I know better and take it slow.
- 10:00 AM: Decided to attempt a yoga class at the hotel. (I’d seen it yesterday and it sounded like… something to do.) Turns out, I am not flexible. Or coordinated. Spent most of the class attempting to get into the Warrior pose and looking like a confused flamingo. Got a good laugh out of it, though.
- 11:00 AM: Checked out the local church.
- 12:00 PM: Had lunch. Not the fish curry. Something different but the fish curry is calling to me.
- 1:00 PM: Wanted to visit the Fort. But… nap time called. The humidity, the delicious food, the sheer relaxation… it’s a powerful combination. Slept like a baby.
- 3:00 PM: Woke up. Reminded myself that I was in Goa, and I should be enjoying this, so I decided to head to the fort! Hired a taxi this time, because no way I'm trusting myself on that scooter again.
- 4:00 PM: Fort Aguada! Amazing views! Walked around, took some pictures, felt utterly insignificant in the face of history.
- 5:00 PM: Decided on a sunset cruise. Yes, touristy. Yes, potentially cheesy. But, the sunset views, the music, the general vibes… it's hard to not like it!
- 7:00 PM: A great sunset cruise experience.
- 8:00 PM: Last dinner.
- 8:30 PM: Packing. Realizing I won't be able to wear half the stuff I brought. Buying a whole bunch of Goan spices and handicrafts.
- 9:00 PM: Reflecting on the trip. It was a mess. It was perfect. It was everything I hoped for and more. Goa, you beautiful, chaotic, delicious, slightly-overwhelming place, I will be back. And next time, I'm bringing extra chocolate.
Day 4: Goodbye Goa!
- 8:00 AM: Last breakfast. Fish curry. Of course.
- 9:00 AM: Wandering through the resort, trying to soak up every last bit of beauty.
- 10:00 AM: Checking out. Tears. Dramatic, over-the-top tears.
- 11:00 AM: Airport.
- 1:00 PM: Flying home. And already dreaming of fish curry. And maybe, just maybe, another disastrous scooter ride. Because that, my friends, is the magic of Goa.
(P.S. If you see a woman wandering around with a slightly sunburned nose, a lingering taste of vindaloo, and a permanent grin, that’s probably me. Come say hi!)
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Rich Lanna House Awaits in Chiang Mai
Goa's Royale Assagao: Paradise Found? (Spoiler Alert: It's Complicated!)
Okay, spill the tea! Is Assagao *really* as glamorous as the Insta-gurus make it out to be?
Oh, honey, let me tell you... Instagram is a LIE. A beautiful, filtered, strategically-angled LIE. Yes, Assagao is lovely. It's got that whole Portuguese-influenced vibe going on, the villas are stunning, and there are definitely pockets of paradise. But... the reality is a bit more… messy. Think a perfectly curated charcuterie board with a rogue, slightly-too-ripe olive rolling off the edge.
I spent a week there, convinced I was going to find my inner zen and become a bohemian queen. Instead, I mostly wrestled with rogue scooter rentals, got hopelessly lost on roads that looked like they were built by a drunken sloth, and had *ahem* a rather dramatic encounter with a stray dog near the church. (He won, by the way. Completely stole my breakfast samosa.)
Alright, let's talk food. Restaurant recommendations, please! And be honest!
Okay, food! THIS is where Assagao truly shines. But again, with caveats! Gunpowder is an absolute MUST. The South Indian food is transcendent. I literally dreamt of their chicken roast for three nights after I left. *Chef's kiss.*
Then there's Mustard. French-Bengali fusion? Sounds weird, tastes AMAZING. Be prepared to spend, though. And book in advance; it’s popular. I tried to waltz in one night, looking all cool and casual, and got the cold shoulder. Ended up eating roadside vindaloo with questionable cutlery, which was, actually, kind of amazing in a “down and dirty” way.
Now, the cafes? Hit or miss, honestly. Some are ridiculously overpriced for mediocre coffee. I got a croissant that was so stale, I swear I could have used it as a doorstop. (I didn't, obviously, I ate it, because, you know, commitment to my diet.) My advice: explore, but don't expect perfection. And always have a backup plan, and snack. Always snack.
The Villas! They look incredible. Is it worth the splurge?
Oh, the villas. The *villas*! I spent weeks drooling over them online. Infinity pools, manicured lawns, private chefs… the works! I’d seen pictures, dreamed dreams… and then I saw the prices. Gulp.
My personal experience? I ended up in a charming little cottage that was anything but *villa*. It was… rustic. Charming in that "there's a family of geckos living in the rafters and the mosquito net has more holes than Swiss cheese" way. But honestly? It was perfect. Way more authentic than the sterile perfection of some of those mega villas. And it forced me to interact with the local owner, who was a total sweetheart. Sometimes, the imperfections are the charm. It's a big "maybe" on the splurge, honestly. Depends what you're after.
What about the beaches? Are they any good?
Assagao itself doesn't have a beach. Duh. It's inland. You'll have to scooter (or taxi, if you’re sensible) to the coast. Which, again, is where the wheels can fall off.
In terms of beaches, you've got your options. Anjuna (party scene) is close, but it's… well, it's Anjuna. Baga (crowded) is closer still, but... also Baga. You get the idea. I drove to Mandrem one day (beautiful, but a bit of a trek on those dodgy roads). I arrived, saw the postcard-perfect view, sighed blissfully, and then got eaten alive by sandflies. My legs looked like I had chickenpox. Lesson learned: stock up on insect repellent. And maybe arm yourself with a long-sleeved shirt, because those sandflies are brutal. I’m still scratching, weeks later.
So, beaches? They’re there. They’re beautiful. But they also involve crowds, traffic, and potentially painful insect encounters. Proceed with caution, and a healthy dose of realism.
Transportation - Scooter life or Taxi hell?
Scooter life in Goa is… an experience. It's romantic, right? Wind in your hair, freedom on the open road! And it's… terrifying. Traffic is a free-for-all. Cows wander. You’re constantly dodging potholes. And the scooter I rented had a dodgy horn and brakes that were probably last serviced in the Jurassic period.
I *did* learn to navigate the chaos, eventually. But there were moments. Oh, were there moments! Like the time I had a near-miss with a massive truck carrying... chickens. Or the time I got completely lost on a dirt track and ended up being stared at by a family of very unimpressed monkeys.
Taxis? Expensive. But perhaps safer. I alternated. A bit of scooter adventure for the thrill, and the occasional taxi to preserve my sanity (and my life). My advice? Learn to drive a scooter *before* you arrive. Or, you know, take a taxi and enjoy the view. Embrace compromise!
The Vibe! Is it as chilled out as everyone says?
The vibe? Well, it’s Goa. So yes, there’s a certain laid-back-ness. But it’s also got a layer of… hustle. Everyone’s selling something. Someone’s offering a yoga retreat. Another is trying to convince you to buy a beaded bracelet. It can get a bit much.
Ironically, the most chilled-out moments I had were outside of the "glam" zones. Wandering around the local markets, chatting with the (genuinely nice) shopkeepers, watching the sunset from a less-touristy beach. Those were the real moments of zen. Finding a bit of peace amidst the chaos. Goa is about finding your own rhythm, I guess.
Any advice for a first-timer in Assagao?
Okay, here’s the deal, first-timer! My hard-won wisdom!
- **Pack light, but pack for everything.** Sunscreen, insect repellent, a light jacket, a hat, a sense of adventure, a healthy dose of skepticism, and a good book. (You *will* have downtime.)
- **Bargain!** Everything is negotiable. Don’t be afraid to haggle politely.
- **Embrace the mess.** Things go wrong. You'll get lost. The scooter will break down. You *will* find something amazing.
- **Talk to locals.** They know the real secrets. The best restaurants, the hidden beaches,SearchotelRoyale Assagao Resort Goa India
Royale Assagao Resort Goa India