
Unbelievable Marble Room at Mint Organic Farm! (Phrae, Thailand)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a rambling, honest, and very unfiltered review of the Unbelievable Marble Room at Mint Organic Farm in Phrae, Thailand. Forget the glossy brochure, we're diving deep, and yes, there will be opinions. And maybe a tangent or two.
SEO-Fuelled, But Still Human (ish) Review: Unbelievable Marble Room at Mint Organic Farm - Phrae, Thailand
Let's get the boring stuff out of the way first, so we can get to the juicy bits. (And by juicy, I mean the slightly-too-revealing details of my stay.)
Accessibility & Safety – Checking the Boxes (Mostly)
- Accessibility: Mint Organic Farm claims to have facilities for disabled guests. I didn't personally test this (I’m thankfully wheelchair-free!), but it’s worth a call to verify specifics, especially if you need specifics like ramps to get to the Unbelievable Marble Room !
- Safety First, Worry Later: Fire extinguishers, alarms, 24-hour security, CCTV lurking everywhere (both inside and outside the property - a tad bit overly watchful but hey, better safe than sorry!). They seem to take this seriously. There's even a doctor on call!
- Cleanliness is Next to…Sanitised?!: They’re obviously trying really hard on this front – anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection, hand sanitiser everywhere you look. They even offer room sanitization opt-out, which I appreciated (because, you know, I’m a bit of a germaphobe, but also a bit of a rebel… I like some germs – brings character!). They’re ticking all the hygiene boxes, which is a huge relief. My room (more on that marvel later) felt genuinely clean. Kitchen and tableware were sanitized – a plus.
- COVID-19 Stuff: Hand sanitizers are everywhere, contactless check-in/out, physical distancing and all the expected precautions.
- Oh, and Pets? Sadly, no. Leave your furry friends at home.
The Unbelievable Marble Room - My Kind of Madness
Okay, finally! The main event. The Marble Room. This isn't just a room, it's an experience. Imagine, a room clad in – you guessed it – marble. It’s like living in a Roman Emperor’s luxury bathroom. (Side note: can you imagine that back in the day? Just wallowing in marble…)
The Vibe: It's opulent, a little over-the-top, but in a fun way. Think sleek modern with a touch of extra. Marble everywhere! It's cool, literally (thanks to the excellent air conditioning). I half-expected a toga and a chariot parked outside.
The Room Itself: The Amenities!
- OMG!: Amazing air conditioning (essential!), free Wi-Fi (a lifesaver!), a HUGE bed (extra long!), a desk (important for pretend-work), an in-room safe box (for my imaginary fortune of course), a seriously comfortable sofa, and blackout curtains (because sleep!).
- The Little Things: Bathrobes, slippers, a coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, bottled water (free! Always a win!), a hair dryer (thank goodness), a refrigerator (for essential snacks, obviously), and satellite TV. A separate shower and bathtub – luxurious. My own private little oasis.
- More than you think!: the room had additional toilet, added toilet space, socket next to the bed, etc. Very convenient.
Room Decorations: The room was well-decorated but it was not something that struck me in a strong fashion. Just clean and comfortable.
The Downsides: Honestly? It was a touch cold aesthetically. The marble, while stunning, could sometimes feel a bit impersonal. But hey, it was unbelievable… so I could deal.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Fueled by Food (and Possibly a Bit Too Much Wine)
- Food Glorious Food: Okay, let's talk food. They have a lot of options. A la carte, buffet (both breakfast and other times!), Asian and international cuisine.
- Breakfast Bonanza: Breakfast was a buffet, a vast spread of options, from your typical Western breakfast to more Asian fare.
- Other options: Coffee shop, restaurants, bar, poolside bar, snack bar, 24-hour room service (YES!), and even vegetarian options. Food delivery is also noted as a potential option, I did not use it.
- Happy Hour! It's a holiday, and I think I overindulged…
- The Atmosphere: Safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items! Very good.
Things To Do & Ways To Relax – Spa Day, Anyone? (Or Just Me?)
- Spa Life: They do have a spa. Woohoo! I indulged in a massage (mandatory). It was divine. They also have a sauna, steamroom, pool with a view, spa/sauna, foot bath, and body scrub and body wrap options. Perfect for melting away all the stresses of the world (and maybe a few regrets from Happy Hour).
- Pool Time: The outdoor swimming pool looked tempting, but I was too engrossed in my massage and the contents of my mini-bar. But it looked nice!
- Fitness Center? There's a fitness center too, but… let's just say I’m built more for lounging.
- Things To Do Outside of Pampering: There is nothing special to do, as far as I experienced, but it's a tranquil place to relax.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Make a Difference
- The Helpful Stuff: 24-hour front desk, daily housekeeping (thank you!), laundry service, dry cleaning, luggage storage, concierge, currency exchange, facilities for disabled guests, and meeting/banquet facilities if you need them.
- The Extras: There’s even a gift shop and a convenience store. Super handy.
- If you need to work… They have business facilities!
For the Kids – Family-Friendly, But With a Caveat
- Family/Child Friendly: They claim to be family-friendly, with babysitting service and kids facilities. I don't have kids. So, can only guess.
Getting Around – Easy Peasy (Mostly)
- Airport Transfer: Available! (A lifesaver when landing in a new place).
- Parking: Free car park on-site!
- Taxi Service: Available.
- Other: Car power charging station, bicycle parking, valet parking.
The Overall Vibe - What Did I Really Think?
Okay, here's the truth. Mint Organic Farm, and especially the Unbelievable Marble Room, is a fantastic escape. It's luxurious, clean, comfortable, and has everything you could possibly need. The staff were friendly and helpful, though I did run into a little bit of a language barrier at one point (but hey, it’s Thailand, learning a few basic phrases is a MUST!).
The Imperfections? It's not perfect – the marble room's aesthetic could be a little impersonal, the pool wasn't heated (but that's subjective, since it was scorching outside!), and I'm not sure how much the staff know about the outside area for tourists. But on the whole, these were minor quibbles. I left feeling relaxed, refreshed, and ready to face… well, whatever comes next!
The Tangent: I'm still dreaming about that massage!
Now, for the Persuasive Offer – Because I Want You to Go!
ARE YOU READY FOR ADVENTURE?!
Book Your Unbelievable Escape to Mint Organic Farm! (And Prepare to Be Amazed.)
Here's the deal:
- Unbelievable Marble Room Magic: Experience the ultimate in luxury and tranquility in the Unbelievable Marble Room. Marble, comfort, and all the amenities you could dream of.
- Spa Nirvana Awaits: Indulge in the spa, melt away your stress with a massage, and unwind in the sauna or pool.
- Foodie Paradise: Feast on a variety of cuisines, from Asian delights to international favorites. Fuel your adventures!
- Safety & Peace of Mind: Relax knowing the farm is committed to cleanliness and security, with top-notch safety protocols in place.
- The Secret Agent Bonus: As a special offer for my intrepid readers, mention the code "MARBLEMADNESS" when you book and get a complimentary bottle of local wine waiting for you! (Because, you know… wine.)
Why Mint Organic Farm?
- Escape the Ordinary: This isn't just a hotel; it's an experience.
- Perfect for: Couples, solo travelers seeking a retreat, those wanting to experience a unique Thailand experience.
**Don't just dream about it. Book it! The Unbelievable Marble Room at
Unbelievable El Nido Paradise: Lolo Oyong Pension House Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your perfectly polished travel itinerary, meticulously planned and robotically executed. This is MY Marble Room adventure at Mint Organic Farm in Phrae, Thailand. Prepare for a bumpy ride, because let's be honest, my life is a bit of a delightful, slightly off-kilter rollercoaster.
Day 1: Arrival - Oh. My. God. Trees.
Morning (ish): Arrive at Phrae Airport (which I almost missed because I was too busy staring at a particularly fluffy cloud formation. Seriously, it looked like a giant sheep!), transfer to Mint Organic Farm. The drive? Glorious. Green, green, green everywhere. I'm pretty sure I actually gasped when we turned onto the farm's road. Trees taller than skyscrapers, reaching out like welcoming arms. Immediately felt like I'd stumbled into a postcard. Or, you know, heaven.
Afternoon (aka, the 'Marble Room Reveal'): Check into the Marble Room. Let me just say… the pictures do not do this place justice. Marble? Yes. Luxurious? Absolutely. But the light! The way it filtered through the trees, dappling the room in gold… Okay, I might have ugly-cried a little. Don’t judge. I’m a sucker for beautiful spaces. The tiny imperfections in the marble, the way the sunlight hit the rough edges of the local wood… it felt… authentic. Not some sterile, hotel-room vibe. This, my friends, was a sanctuary.
Late Afternoon/Early Evening (aka, The Great Mosquito Debacle): Wander around the farm, trying to look like I knew what I was doing. Let's be real, I'm more of a "city slicker" than "organic farmer" type. I managed to pet a water buffalo (who looked at me like I was slightly mad), and then… the mosquitoes. Oh, the mosquitoes. I forgot the bug spray. Idiot. My legs became a buffet. Lesson learned: always, always pack bug spray. Ended the evening nursing itchy bites and swearing to purchase industrial-strength repellent tomorrow. Dinner at the farm's restaurant was delightful, though. Authentic Thai food – spicy, flavorful, and enough to distract me from the itching (sort of).
Evening (or the struggle to keep my eyes opened): Stared at the stars. Holy hell. They actually looked like stars, not the pale, washed-out smudges I usually see above a city. Fell asleep before 9 pm. Jet lag is real, people. Real and brutal.
Day 2: Farm Life, Food, & a Whole Lotta Zen (Maybe)
Morning: Woke up to birdsong. Actual, genuine birdsong. This city girl nearly fainted from the beauty of it all. Decided to embrace the "farm life" and signed up for a cooking class. I figured, how hard could it be? Famous last words, right? Chopping vegetables was harder than I expected. My knife skills are… well, let's just say the instructor was very patient. Our first result was a delicious panang curry.
Mid-Morning (aka, The Great Mango Smoothie Incident): Visited the farm's organic garden. The vegetables were vibrant, and the fruits were… heavenly. I saw a mango, grabbed it and was instructed how to do a mango smoothie. This was a culinary masterpiece.
Afternoon (aka, the 'Meditation Fail'): Tried to meditate near the river. Beautiful setting, perfect for zen, right? Nope. My mind was a whirring vortex of thoughts. "Did I turn off the stove? Did I pack enough sunscreen? Is that a spider on my leg?". Gave up after five minutes and decided to admire the scenery instead. The river, the trees, the gentle sway of the bamboo… bliss.
Late Afternoon (aka, The Spa of My Dreams): Massage at the farm spa. I don't think I've ever been this relaxed in my entire life. The therapist was amazing, and the scents of lemongrass and ginger… pure magic. Nearly fell asleep on the massage table. That's how effective it was.
Evening (aka, Dinner with the Ghosts of my Past): Another delicious meal at the restaurant. Chatting with my travel buddy about life, love, and all the crazy things that make us, us. We almost got a table near a couple deep in thought who kept glaring at one another. What was that story?
Day 3: Exploring, and Maybe a Bit of Culture (or Not)?
Morning: Decided to be adventurous and hire a driver to take me to the nearby city of Phrae. This proved to be more difficult than I imagined. The driver had limited English, and my Thai is… well, let's just say I can order a beer and a pad thai. We somehow made it work, mostly with hand gestures and giggling.
Mid-Morning: Visited Wat Phra That Cho Hae (not sure how I feel, but I'm in another world for a minute). The temple was absolutely stunning, all gold and glittering detail. I lit some incense, pretended to understand the rituals, and tried to feel something spiritual. Did I? Honestly? Maybe. The beauty of the place was undeniable.
Afternoon: Went and ate at a local market, or at least tried to. I was way outside my comfort zone here. People stared. I stared back. Food was delicious, if intimidating.
Late Afternoon: Returned to the farm. Spent an hour just sitting on the veranda of my Marble Room, reading and drinking tea. Pure, unadulterated peace. I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this "farm life" thing.
Evening: Farewell dinner at the farm restaurant. Another amazing meal. I swear, I'm going to come home with a few extra pounds (totally worth it). Reflecting on my trip. I had fun, and I have seen some amazing things. What's next?
Day 4: Departure - Until Next Time, Marble Room!
Morning: Heartbreak. Packing up. Saying goodbye to the Marble Room, the amazing staff, and the general sense of tranquility. This place is a gift.
Departure: Flight back home. Already planning my return. Thailand, Mint Organic Farm, and that glorious Marble Room… you haven't seen the last of me.
This is the real, unfiltered version, with the mess, the beauty, and the occasional bouts of complete and utter awkwardness. And that, my friends, is what makes travel truly memorable. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a flight to catch. Wish me luck - I’m sure I’ll need it.
Yantai's Hidden Gem: Hanting Hotel's Unbeatable Luxury!
Unbelievable Marble Room at Mint Organic Farm - You *Need* to Know This! (Seriously)
Okay, *seriously*, what IS this "Unbelievable Marble Room" everyone's raving about at Mint Organic Farm? Don't give me marketing fluff!
Alright, buckle up, because the reality is… kind of… underwhelming at first glance. You think "marble room" and you're envisioning some Roman bathhouse fantasy, right? Nope. It's a room. Made of marble. And… *gasp*… it's mostly beige.
But THEN. Then you *step* inside. My first reaction? Utter silence. Like the kind where your brain just… STOPS. The temperature changes, subtly. It's this cool, almost damp (in a good way!) air. And the light? Filtered, diffused. It's the kind of space that just *begs* you to sit down and… well, *be*. It's not just a room; it's an experience. Think of it as the world's most luxurious, and slightly awkward, hug.
Is it *actually* marble? Like, real, expensive, cold-to-the-touch marble?
Yes! And it's BEAUTIFUL. Okay, maybe not the *intensely* vibrant, show-stopping marble you'd see in the Louvre, but it has a subtle elegance. You can feel the coolness on your skin. My friend, bless her heart, actually licked the wall (Don't judge! We were feeling *zen*!). Said it tasted "like… rock." Which, technically, checks out. But the texture and the polish? Top tier. Seriously, it's marble. Real, legit, probably-cost-a-fortune marble.
What's the point? Why a marble room in rural Thailand? Is this some kind of weird spiritual retreat thing?
Good question! Look, I don't know the *official* spiel. But from my experience? It's a sanctuary. A place to hit the pause button on the chaos of… well, life. Think of it as a built-in meditation chamber. The farm is all about organic living, fresh food, and slowing down. This room? It's the ultimate embodiment of that philosophy.
Personally, I went in there stressed about… everything. Work, relationships, the fact I hadn't watered my plants in two weeks. Twenty minutes later? I seriously considered taking a nap *on the floor*. (I didn’t, because, germs.) I left feeling… lighter. Clearer. I actually called my mom! (She's going to make me a marble room in our house next.) Whether it's spiritual or pure architectural genius, it WORKS.
Okay, so… no phones allowed, right? Or is there Wi-Fi? (Because, you know, Instagram.)
Oh, for the love of all zen... No. Put the phone DOWN. Seriously. They *encourage* it. I mean, they don't physically confiscate it, but you'll feel *horribly* out of place. My friend (the one who licked the wall) tried sneaking in a quick selfie, and I swear, the room gave her the stink eye. It's like the stone itself is whispering, "Leave your digital baggage *outside*."
No Wi-Fi. Which, at first, I thought was BRILLIANT, then panic set in. But trust me, the lack of connection… it’s *part* of the magic. Embrace the digital detox. I spent an hour just… staring at the light filtering through a window. That's something I *never* do at home. Honestly it's like a tiny piece of heaven.
Anything else I should know before I go? Like, what if I'm claustrophobic?
Okay, good question! If you're super claustrophobic, maybe take a peek inside *first*. It's a room, so, enclosed. But the design is clever; there's lots of natural light, and the space feels… expansive despite its size. I'm not claustrophobic, but I can imagine it might be a problem for someone *very* sensitive. Just be aware. It isn't a cathedral - it does have a ceiling.
Other tips? Don’t wear SUPER noisy shoes. Bare feet are best, or soft slippers (they might provide some). And… just… be present. That's the real secret. Oh, and the farm has *delicious* food. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT skip the papaya salad! You'll need to refuel after all that zen. Get some water to. And enjoy. Trust me, you will need it.
What was your *personal* experience like? Spill the tea, come on!
Alright, alright. Here's the truth. I waltzed in, a little skeptical, which is my usual state. I found a nice spot by the window and sat. 5 minutes: "Okay, that's… nice." 10 minutes: "Huh. I'm kinda… chill." 20 minutes: My shoulders *melted*. My brain went silent. (This is *huge* for me - I have a brain that never shuts up!).
I found myself staring at the light playing on the marble, and I realised I hadn't thought about work in, maybe, an hour? An hour! Then… this is going to sound stupid, but…I started thinking about my grandmother. She passed away a while ago, and I suddenly remembered all these little details – the way she smelled of lavender, the sound of her laugh. And I *missed* her, achingly. I almost cried. (I didn't. Gotta keep it together.) I just let the feelings flow. It was oddly... comforting.
I left feeling… renewed, maybe? And, okay, a little bit emotional. I still can't explain the magic, but it's undeniably there. And look, I'm not trying to sell you on anything, but I *seriously* recommend it. It made me look at life a little differently. It's a weird, wonderful, marble-y miracle. And the papaya salad? Absolutely life-changing.
Is it worth driving all the way out to Phrae *just* for the marble room?
Honestly, that's a tough one. Phrae is a bit of a trek, let's be real. If you're a die-hard minimalist devotee of zen and ready for a full commitment to a new lifestyle, then yes. The marble room is worth driving across a *continent* for. But for the average visitor? I’d say it’s a compelling argument. Consider other amazing things. The farm itself is beautiful, the food is incredible, and the surrounding area is just… gorgeous. It's aSmart Traveller Inns

