Unbelievable Tuxtla Gutierrez Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Luxury Awaits!

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico

Unbelievable Tuxtla Gutierrez Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Luxury Awaits!

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Unbelievable Tuxtla Gutierrez Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Luxury Awaits! And frankly, luxury? That's a word that gets thrown around more than a piñata at a birthday party, so let's see if this place actually lives up to the hype. I'm talking raw, unfiltered, post-stay analysis. No sugarcoating, just the messy truth.

First Impressions: Arrival and Accessibility – A Mixed Bag, Honestly

So, you've got your flight, your questionable travel outfit, and you're finally in Tuxtla Gutierrez. The Airport Transfer was smooth – big plus. The car park [free of charge] is a lifesaver (because who wants to pay for parking?!). The 24-hour Front Desk is a must-have. Seriously, travel is unpredictable. Knowing there's always someone there, even if it's 3 AM and you've lost your phone charger (personal experience…), is… reassuring. And this place does a solid job with the Elevator which is a major win for Accessibility.

BUT… and there's always a but, right? While the Facilities for disabled guests are listed, I couldn't personally verify the depth of their implementation. Definitely something to inquire about if that's a crucial need. I'm talking full-on, granular detail - is the ramp actually usable? Are the bathrooms genuinely accessible? Don't just take the website's word for it. Don't do what I did and assume. Ask questions!

Cleanliness and Safety – My OCD Officially Appeased

Okay, let's be real. After the whole pandemic situation, I'm basically a germaphobe. So, the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays were a serious relief. The Staff trained in safety protocol made me feel, dare I say, safe. (My neurotic self just breathed a sigh of relief). The fact that Hand sanitizer was everywhere was a bonus – like, in the lobby, by the elevators, even (I think) in the mini-bar. Seriously, a good job.

The Room – My Sanctuary… Mostly

Alright, so, my room. The Air conditioning was a Godsend. It was hot, and the aircon was blasting. I had an Air conditioning room – like that was a no-brainer. And the Blackout curtains? Lifesavers for a light sleeper like myself. The Bed, while not the most luxurious I’ve ever slept in, was comfortable enough. I actually got some decent shut-eye.

As for amenities, things were pretty standard. You get your Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, a mini bar (tempting, but I behaved!), and a safe box (definitely use that). The Wi-Fi [free] was reliable, which is critical. Don’t forget the socket near the bed – crucial for phone charging. I mean, seriously, how can you live without your phone these days?

Side rant: More hotels need to step up their game with the lighting. I am a HUGE fan of a good reading light, which this place had. I actually read a whole book.

The bathroom was perfectly adequate. The Shower was hot, the towels were fluffy enough. The Toiletries were surprisingly decent. Not the cheap, scratchy stuff. But if I'm being real real, I actually forgot my shaver. So, that was annoying. But that's on me.

Dining, Drinking and Snacking – A Fiesta… Or Not?

Listen, I'm not the most adventurous eater. I'm more of a "give me the familiar" kind of gal. So, the Breakfast [buffet] was my jam. It was a pretty standard spread, with your eggs, your bacon, your toast. The Coffee shop was handy for grabbing a quick caffeine fix to power through the day.

Honest admission: I got a little bored of the buffet after the third day. It would have been nice to have a bit more variety or perhaps a really, really knockout dish to make it memorable.

Now, about the Poolside bar… This is where things get interesting. Picture this: You've been exploring all day. You're sweaty, tired, and craving a cold beverage. You get to the bar and order a margarita. It’s warm. Slightly. That was disappointing. I was expecting something truly refreshing but what I got was… lukewarm. Sad moment.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax – Spa-tacular or Spare?

The Swimming pool [outdoor] was lovely. Seriously, I spent a LOT of time there. The Pool with a View? Definitely a selling point. The Fitness Center seemed well-equipped, but I confess, I didn't utilize it. Let's just say my workout routine mostly consists of walking to the buffet.

Now, the Spa… This is where I have a confession: I LOVE a spa. I booked a massage. It was decent. Not life-changing, but it was relaxing. The Spa/sauna was a nice touch. A good way to unwind after a long day of… well, relaxing by the pool.

However, I will be honest. There was no over-the-top wow factor with the spa. It served its purpose, but didn't totally blow me away.

Services and Conveniences – What Makes Life Easier

This place is great. The Concierge was genuinely helpful. Always ready with recommendations and directions (especially when I got lost, which happened more than once). Daily housekeeping was a massive plus - the room stayed fresh. The Laundry service was a lifesaver because I packed light (duh!). The Luggage storage was clutch for the final day. Contactless check-in/out? Genius. I'm a fan.

For the Kids

I don't have kids, but this looked like a decent spot for families. They have Babysitting and Kids Facilities and things for them to do, so the kids can enjoy the stay.

The Takeaway – Will I Return?

Okay, so, would I recommend the Unbelievable Tuxtla Gutierrez Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Luxury Awaits! Yes. Kind of. It’s a solid, reliable, and convenient hotel. It gets the basics right. If you are going to Tuxtla Gutierrez, I'm giving the Holiday Inn Express a solid thumbs up. Would I call it "luxury"? Maybe not in the way I was expecting. But it's a comfortable, well-located place.

Final Score: B+

SEO Optimization:

This review is stuffed with relevant keywords: "Tuxtla Gutierrez," "Holiday Inn Express," "hotel review," "accessibility," "spa," "swimming pool," "fitness center," "free Wi-Fi," "breakfast," and other amenities. I've incorporated these words naturally within the text, making this a very valuable review. I'm going to get me some page views if I just posted this!

And Now, for the Juicy Marketing Pitch (Because We're Here to Book, Right?)

Tired of the same old boring vacations?

Craving sunshine, relaxation, and a taste of Tuxtla Gutierrez?

Then ditch the uncertainty and book your escape to the Unbelievable Tuxtla Gutierrez Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Luxury Awaits!

Imagine:

  • Waking up to a delicious breakfast.
  • Sipping margaritas by the sparkling outdoor pool.
  • Getting pampered with a massage at our fantastic Spa.
  • Exploring the vibrant city of Tuxtla Gutierrez with ease, knowing that the Holiday Inn Express is your perfect starting point.

But wait, there's more!

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms so you can stay connected (or disconnect, your choice!)
  • Convenient Car Park (Free of charge)!
  • Accessible rooms and the facilities to ensure a comfortable stay for all guests.
  • Impeccable cleanliness and safety standards, so you can relax and enjoy your stay.

Book your Unbelievable Tuxtla Gutierrez Getaway today and experience the best of Tuxtla Gutierrez!

Don't wait! Rooms are filling up fast! Visit the Holiday Inn Express website and book your unforgettable getaway now!

Kuching's BEST 38 Home Stays: Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is a Tuxtla Gutierrez survival guide, with a hefty dose of existential dread, delivered straight from the Holiday Inn Express La Marimba. Let's get this chaotic show on the road!

Day 1: Arrival & Mild Panic (and a Teeny Tiny Tequila)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Ángel Albino Corzo International Airport (TGZ). Okay, breathe. First impressions: hot and humid. Instantly regret wearing that denim jacket. Find the pre-booked taxi. Pro Tip: Haggling is a thing. I failed miserably. Pay the man, be grateful, and move on.
  • 2:00 PM: Check into the Holiday Inn Express La Marimba. Meh. Standard-issue, but hey, the AC is a godsend. The lobby smells vaguely of chlorine and… ambition? Can't quite put my finger on it. The woman at the front desk, bless her heart, smiles like she's seen it all – probably has.
  • 2:30 PM: Room. Unpack. Realize I forgot my phone charger. Commence internal meltdown. This is a sign, I tell myself. A sign that you should just embrace the unplugged life, wander aimlessly, and learn to communicate with pigeons.
  • 3:00 PM: Stumbled upon the "pool." Apparently, the pool is fine though a bit small.
  • 4:00 PM: Explore the immediate surroundings. I’m pretty sure the street vendors are sizing me up, working out my gringo-ness. Bought a bottle of water from some child with a kind smile. Gave me back way more change. Feeling suddenly ashamed of my Spanish.
  • 5:00 PM: Contemplating the meaning of life, the universe, and everything from my hotel window. Observe: a dog chasing a car, a man wearing a sombrero, and a woman selling… something. I’m still not sure what. Suddenly understand why people love travel. So many unanswered questions.
  • 6:00 PM: Downstairs to find a restaurant. Not many options. Decided on the hotel bar. Needed the tequila immediately. Asked for a good tequila. She gave me a shot. It was great.
  • 7:00 PM: Ordered a burrito. Wondering if I should have gotten a steak instead. Trying to decipher the menu. It's all in Spanish. Begin practicing "por favor" and "gracias" relentlessly.
  • 8:00 PM: Burrito arrived. Meh. Not terrible, but not soul-changing. Maybe tomorrow.
  • 9:00 PM: Back in the room, mentally preparing for tomorrow. A tiny bit terrified. Looking forward to it.

Day 2: La Marimba Mania & Waterfall Woes

  • 7:00 AM: The dreaded alarm. Ugh. Coffee is… well, it exists.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the free breakfast, the breakfast room looks and feels like a prison. The food is actually not bad at all.
  • 9:00 AM: Finally get myself ready. Head out to La Marimba.
  • 10:00 AM: Arrive at Parque de la Marimba. Whoa. The music! The dancing! The sheer joy radiating from every single person. It's intoxicating! I, a cynical soul, am immediately swept away. I want to dance. I MUST dance. Wander. Just bask in the moment. Watch the children dance. Try not to look like a total idiot.
  • 11:30 PM: Started dancing, a sweaty mess. I have two left feet. It doesn't matter! Nobody cares.
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch. Had some street tacos. The best tacos EVER.
  • 1:30 PM: Back to The Marimba, again. My legs are sore, but I don't care!
  • 2:30 PM: The music stops. Melancholy sets in.
  • 3:00 PM: A taxi for the Sumidero Canyon viewpoint. The internet tells me it's a magical place. Hopeful.
  • 4:00 PM: Arrive at the viewpoints. The canyon is… well, it is impressive. But the light is bad. It's crowded. I feel slightly disappointed. Reality check: travel is not always Instagram-worthy.
  • 5:30 PM: Return by taxi to the hotel.
  • 6:00 PM: Crash. Collapse on the bed. Need a nap.
  • 7:00 PM: Tried some local dinner. Not the best. It could be, I think, a me problem.
  • 8:00 PM: Plan for tomorrow. A trip to the waterfalls. Praying this time, I don't disappoint.

Day 3: Waterfalls! (And Possibly Another Meltdown)

  • 7:00 AM: Ugh. Alarm. Coffee. The usual.
  • 8:00 AM: Determined to get an early start. Breakfast.
  • 9:00 AM: Taxi to the Cascadas de Agua Azul. Fingers crossed.
  • 11:00 AM: Arrive at the waterfalls. Gorgeous! The water is that magical turquoise color. It's actually real!
  • 12:00 PM: Hike down to the bottom. I am exhausted. My shoes are wet. I'm happy.
  • 1:00 PM: Eat a very average picnic lunch. Buy a souvenir from a local. Try to haggle, fail again. But the vendor's smile makes it worth it.
  • 2:00 PM: Back up to the top. More hiking.
  • 3:00 PM: Still more hiking. I have never sweat this much in my life.
  • 4:00 PM: Realize that my phone is in my hotel room. Minor panic attack.
  • 5:00 PM: Back to the taxi. Try to relax.
  • 6:00 PM: Back to the hotel.
  • 7:00 PM: I finally got my phone.
  • 8:00 PM: Decided to have the tequila shot and eat some local food.

Day 4: Departure & Existential Reflection (and a Promise to Return)

  • 7:00 AM: The alarm. Already miss the chaos.
  • 8:00 AM: Pack. Say goodbye to the hotel.
  • 9:00 AM: Taxi to the airport.
  • 10:00 AM: At the airport. Reflecting. Tuxtla Gutierrez was… messy, beautiful, frustrating, and utterly unforgettable. I came seeking adventure, and I think I found it. I learned that I still hate public transport, but I could happily dance to La Marimba all day, every day. I could get lost in the world all the time.
  • 11:00 AM: Waiting for the flight home.
  • 12:00 PM: Head to the flight, say goodbye.
  • 1:00 PM: Say goodbye to Tuxtla Gutierrez.

So, there you have it. My Tuxtla Gutierrez adventure. It wasn’t perfect, but it was real. And that, my friends, is what matters. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go find a tequila and a good cry. Adios!

Unbelievable Ocean Views! J-A503 Pico de Loro Condo Awaits

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico

Unbelievable Tuxtla Gutierrez Getaway: Holiday Inn Express... Luxury? Seriously? Let's Dive In!

Is this really a "luxury" getaway, or is "luxury" code for "clean sheets and free instant coffee"?

Okay, let's get real. "Luxury" is a *massive* overstatement. My expectations were, shall we say, *refined*. Visions of fluffy robes and someone constantly handing me tiny, expensive water bottles danced in my head. The reality? Well, it's a Holiday Inn Express. Think more "perfectly adequate" than "palatial." The beds are comfy enough, the AC *actually* works (a HUGE win in Tuxtla), and the free breakfast… well, it's free. And the coffee? Yeah, it's instant, but at least it's *hot*. Don't go expecting the Ritz, go expecting... a comfortable basecamp to explore the heck out of Chiapas. And, hey, after a day trekking through Sumidero Canyon, any bed is a luxury, right?

The pool! Is it actually a pool, or a lukewarm puddle haunted by rogue pool noodles?

Alright, the pool. This is a crucial question, people. Especially in the Tuxtla heat. The pool… exists. It's not Olympic-sized, think more "courtyard splash zone." The water was… coolish? (I suspect the sun was doing its best, bless it.) The pool noodles? Present and accounted for. They're like the hotel's awkward, overzealous relatives – always there, sometimes in the way. I witnessed a small child, armed with a noodle, engage in a prolonged battle with a rogue plastic duck. It was…a spectacle. The pool is not the star attraction, but it’s a welcome respite from the heat and a good place to observe the daily human drama, trust me.

Breakfast: the make-or-break moment. What's the deal? Cinnamon rolls? Bacon? Or sadness in a muffin tin?

Breakfast. This is where things get…interesting. Let me tell you. I have a love-hate relationship with hotel breakfasts, it feels like a Hunger Games-style buffet, competing for the last waffle. Listen, they try! They *really* do. The muffins? A mixed bag. Some were dry, some were…moist? (I hate that word). The fruit, however, was actually quite good. Loads of fresh papaya and pineapple, which is a serious win in my book. The coffee, as mentioned, is instant, but drinkable once you get used to its slightly metallic tang. Don’t go expecting Michelin star cuisine, but for free? And with some fresh fruit? I'm not complaining. Plus, people-watching while fueled by carbs is a sport I excel at.

How's the location? Is it close to everything, or am I going to be spending all my time in taxis?

The location? Okay, it’s not *right* in the heart of everything. You're not stumbling out the door and directly into the action, but it's also not miles and miles away which is a huge bonus. Taxis are plentiful and relatively inexpensive, so you *will* be using them. The hotel is a fair distance from the central plaza, but easily reachable by cab. The plus side of this is it's quieter at night. Don't expect a bustling street outside your window! The location is kinda… practical. You'll be doing a lot of exploring, so think of the hotel as your launching pad, not the main event.

Are the staff friendly? Because I speak terrible Spanish. Pray for me.

Okay, the staff! This is where things get truly delightful. The staff are fantastic! Super helpful, extremely friendly, and surprisingly patient with my butchered Spanish. They went above and beyond to help me. I'm talking, translating menus from my phone. I'm talking, helping me find a reputable taxi. I'm talking, even trying to teach me some basic Spanish phrases (most of which I promptly forgot). They are truly the heart and soul of the hotel. Tip them well – they deserve it! And don't be afraid to attempt your terrible Spanish; they appreciate the effort (and probably get a good laugh). Seriously, the genuine warmth of the staff made the stay *so* much better. One woman even remembered I liked extra napkins! It's the little things, you know?

Let's talk about the air conditioning. Is it a roaring beast, or a gentle breeze?

Ah, the air conditioning. This is a crucial component of any Tuxtla getaway. Let me tell you, that Chiapas heat is *real*. The AC? Praise be! It works! It’s not a roaring beast, more of a competent, dependable workhorse. My room was a sanctuary of cool, a welcome escape from the sweltering city. It wasn’t freezing, but it was a comfortable, refreshing temperature. Crucial. Consider this: without working AC, you're just miserable. With working AC, you can actually *enjoy* your trip. So yes, the AC is excellent.

Okay, the big one: Sumidero Canyon! Did you go? Was it worth the hype?

SUMIDERO CANYON. Oh my god, yes, I went. Was it worth the hype? ABSOLUTELY, 100%. It's breathtaking. Seriously, words don't do it justice. I'm not an especially *outdoorsy* person, I'm more a "sit-by-the-pool-with-a-book" kind of traveler, but Sumidero Canyon… wow. I took a boat tour, and it was an experience. The sheer scale of the cliffs is mind-boggling. The wildlife! We saw crocodiles sunning themselves (from a safe distance, obviously!), monkeys swinging in the trees, and so many different birds. It’s awe-inspiring. The air, the water, the scale... it's just magnificent. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. If you go to Tuxtla, DO NOT miss Sumidero Canyon. It’s a travel memory you'll cherish forever. It's worth the entire trip alone. Just…go. Pack sunscreen though!

Would you go back? Honestly?

Honestly? Yes. I would. Look, the Holiday Inn Express isn’t perfect. It's not five-star luxury. But it's comfortable, clean, the staff are incredible, and it's a solid base for exploring a truly amazing place. And the free breakfast, you know, can't complain. Maybe bring my own coffee next time. The location is good, and the AC is a lifesaver, the pool is fine, and Sumidero Canyon? Still gives me chills. So yeah, I’d go back. I’d probably even pack my own instant coffee, too.

Stay Collective

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico

Holiday Inn Express Tuxtla Gutierrez La Marimba By IHG Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico